Research commissioned by virtual reality casino SlotsMillion has found 92 percent of respondents in a 2,000 person UK study were aware of Virtual Reality (VR) – with 23 percent having tried the new technology.
Conducted by independent research firm Opinium, the study found that:
* 2 percent of respondents spent at least 25 hours in VR, and 6 percent estimated their exposure at between 1-24 hours. 15 percent have tried the technology “once or twice”;
* A total of 10 percent of over 55-year-olds have experienced VR;
* That figure increases to 24 percent for 35 to 54-year-olds, and 40 percent among 18- to 34-year-olds;
* Those aged between 18-34 are happiest to pay for the VR experience, with GBP 134 the average spend they are willing to lay out, while over 55s are happy to invest GBP 74;
* Most respondents were curious about the technology, with 66 percent declaring themselves ‘interested’;