Mainstream media reports delivered more details on the possible merger between William Hill and Amaya Inc (see previous report) over the weekend, with analysts and observers noting:
* Informed sources have revealed that the proposed deal could deliver synergistic savings in excess of GBP 100 million annually;
* The deal represents a strong fit which compliments William Hill’s existing strategy and Amaya’s business. Amaya owns 70 percent of the online poker market, with 100 million registered international users, and William Hill is strong in casinos, betting shops and sports betting;
* The newly merged company would be expected to list on the London Stock Exchange;
* Agreement could be reached within weeks and would be structured as a reverse takeover of William Hill;
* Agreement will create a GBP 4.5 billion global gambling giant.