Bede Gaming has become one of a limited number of industry players to achieve ISO/IEC27001:2013 certification from eCOGRA following a rigorous audit.
eCOGRA is the only independent online gambling testing facility solely authorised to offer accredited ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certifications for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), an important credential in terms of compliance requirements for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force May 2018.
Michael Brady, chief executive officer of Bede Gaming, said that his company was proud to be among the few online gambling entities that have voluntarily undertaken certification against an internationally recognised information security standard, demonstrating the organisation’s commitment to security, trust and credibility.
eCOGRA chief executive officer, Andrew Beveridge, commended the provider for its proactive stance to information security management, with mention that the certification had been achieved following a comprehensive audit of the organisation’s systems and processes, in which both companies worked closely throughout.
Beveridge revealed that there is growing interest in eCOGRA’s certification services as online gambling companies increasingly understand the significant value of conformance with the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard.
“Among the many company benefits flowing from the achievement of these higher standards are the following,” Beveridge said:
* Guards against security incidents, reducing costs and reputational damage;
* Prepares an organisation for readiness to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) principle that relates to processing personal data with appropriate security;
* Improves a company's recovery capability in the event of major disasters;
* Enables constant monitoring to proactively identify information security risks, and has mechanisms to manage or reduce these risks;
* Creates a competitive advantage over less secure and uncertified rivals;
* Provides a significant third-party attestation that an organisation has successfully structured its processes into a management system that ensures confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets pursuant to the requirements of regulators, applicable laws and business needs;
* Gives management confidence in the information security structure and operation of the organisation; and
* Streamlines operations: Many online gambling licensing and regulatory jurisdictions currently waive certain security auditing requirements if license holders are ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified, enabling the independent regulatory testing and certification process to be fast-tracked with potentially significant cost savings, effort, and a quicker time to market.