Whilst online and land gambling group Novomatic has recently reported record sales and buoyant revenues overall, industry analysts have noted that the loss of German revenues has impacted the group’s online business, reducing its b2c and b2b revenue contribution to the group to just 3.9 percent.
“Novomatic’s online contraction also illustrates the dangers of trying to have one’s cake and eat it from a regulatory perspective – especially in ‘uncertain’ markets.” one analyst pointed out.
Online declines notwithstanding, Novomatic presented some impressive highlights in its H1-2018 report to end June this year, flagging:
* 12.6 percent year-on-year increase in revenue thanks to acquisition led growth;
* Record sales of Euro 1.3653 billion;
* EBITDA up 11.6 percent to Euro 318 million;
* EBIT up 23 percent at Euro 148.4 million;
* Headcount up at 26,230 – an increase of 694 employees.
“This pleasing result confirms our strategy of consolidating our market leadership in existing markets and of opening up new markets and technologies through acquisitions,” said CEO, Harald Neumann in his report.